2023 College and Career Fair!

This Monday, September 18th, Sahuaro held the annual Senior College and Career Fair! It is a very exciting event for seniors who are looking into their future careers. It also gives different opportunities to see what students might want to major in when they go to college. The Career Fair is generally held by Mr. Haynes, who is the College and Career counselor. The fair took place in the library during 5th period.

The fair had all different colleges from around the country, including the U of A, Grand Canyon University, Las Vegas University, and Pima Community College. Students were able to sign up for social media alerts to get consistent updates on their college of interest. They also were able to sign up seniors for field trips to take a tour of the campus.

A lot of the students utilized their time at the fair to talk to some of the supervisors at the different stands. It appeared that over eighty students, consisting of juniors and seniors, were at the event. According to Gift Saka, a junior she, “…was all over the place honestly, but it tended to get super crowded, and hot to where I had to use a pamphlet to keep fanning myself.”

The 2024 class has to start thinking about their future and what they want to do out of high school – if they want to go to college, and what college would be most suitable for them. Nyanza Brown, a senior said, “The college I am most interested in would be New Mexico State University because they don’t read into how you do on your ACTs, and they are very flexible.”

There were multiple tables where you could get information on different scholarships depending on race, gender, ethnic background, income, etc. Many tables also offered other ways to get funding for colleges such as going into the Air Force or doing RSI (Refrigeration School), which comes in handy if you are looking to go into the repair service.