Senior Ditch Day…a Quarterly Tradition

Senior Ditch Day...a Quarterly Tradition

For seniors, since it is their last year at Sahuaro High School, they do a day called Senior Ditch Day once every quarter. The seniors have a group chat to help make plans on Senior Ditch Day to decide what they want to do. Since there are so many seniors in this year’s senior class, it makes it hard for them to decide what they want to do as a group, so a lot of the time, friend groups just do their own thing.

For this quarter’s ditch day, they were going to go to Mt. Lemmon, but it was canceled on short notice because of the rain and sleet on the road. So, the seniors couldn’t do something altogether, but they could still hang out with their friends. Nick Ponds said, “Me and my friends went to the Oink Cafe for breakfast, then we went to Top Golf. It was last minute, but it was still fun.”

Some seniors just stayed at their house for senior ditch day. Lily Bush says, “Since Mt. Lemmon ended up being closed, I just stayed home as if I decided to just not go to school that day.” Even though other seniors didn’t do much on senior ditch day, some friend groups still made a plan to hang out with each other anyway.

Se’Kara Reed said, “We went to our friend’s house and watched the old Mean Girls. Then we painted.” The friends she went with were her close friends and she said she had a good time and was thankful she didn’t just sit at home all day.

While senior ditch day is a great bonding experience, some all-senior classes, like government, economics, and English 12 are left pretty much empty. Wherever you sit on senior ditch day, it’s always fun to hear what your fellow students are doing outside of school.