Raining Cats and Dogs

Many people like rain, maybe people even love it, but there are also reasons not to like rain. Unfortunately, California is one of those places dealing with mass floodings across the state and it’s just dangerous to leave your house.

Just this Tuesday and Monday alone, California has been getting a heap ton of rain (as previously said), to the point where mudslides are being formed that would be considered deadly.  Roughly 475 mudslides in Los Angeles alone, and around 390 trees were destroyed, causing more havoc, as well as nine people lost their lives during all of this, and more than 1000 people were without power. The rain was so bad that nearly a foot of rain was dropped this Monday, which led to the mayor of Los Angeles (Karen Bass) declaring it to be an emergency. 35 places that were affected by the storm were deemed as dangerous in some form, and the cherry on top of this atrocious situation is that apparently, it’s considered half a year’s worth of rain in two days.

Overall, many people can agree that this is all very sad for a lot of people. The families who lost their loved ones, all of the homeless people who have to be in the rain 24/7 because they don’t have a choice, Karen Bass who has to deal with all of this stuff in general, and just generally all the people who have a nine to five job having to trudge through all that rain. This all must be exhausting for people who live in California and it is honestly sad once you think about it.