Sahuaro’s 2024 Future Freshmen Night

On March 27th, Sahuaro held its Future Freshmen Night where potential new 9th graders and their families entered into the gymnasium to learn about all that Sahuaro has to offer – the different elective and extracurricular choices for the upcoming school year. The gym was filled with tables, manned by students and faculty from every sport and elective choice with sign-up sheets and representatives at the booths, giving information on the subject and inspiring them to join.

GATE English at Future Freshmen Night (Sarah Bol)

This year’s theme for future freshmen night was “There is Something for Everyone at Sahuaro”. And it’s true – here at Sahuaro, we have so many different opportunities for everyone and their unique interests. We have clubs and classes ranging from the arts to auto shop, from Yearbook to The Paper Cut. There are so many possibilities here for everyone.

Most students going into high school don’t know what they want to do and see it as an opportunity to try new things. On the other hand, some students already know what they want to do, and coming to this event is a good opportunity to see if our school has what you need.

Choir at Future Freshmen Night (Sarah Bol)

We had many different booths set up throughout the gym, but some that stood out were Robotics and the Sahuaro Band. Robotics drove around their robots and had ‘Mario Kart’ set up on a Promethean board, letting the new freshmen see the fun side of robotics.

The Sahuaro band was set up with lots of instruments on display and some of the marching band members walked around playing their instruments while talking to the future freshmen.

Haley Garcia, an upcoming freshman, said, “I’m mostly interested in the drama club and the swim team. I’ve been interested in drama all my life so that’s something I want to get into, as well as swim team.” Haley is the type of student who wants to get involved and work with her peers, so getting into activities at school is especially important to her.

Camia Basham is especially excited about getting into more sports and seeing the benefits. Camia is mostly interested in volleyball, basketball, and track and field, so you might want to check for the name Camia Basham on the 2024-2025 Sahuaro sports rosters.

Sahuaro has many different clubs and classes to offer, and we are excited to see our new freshman class find out what interests them the most. See you in the fall of 2024!