Student Council Elections

Who’s Running and What to Know
Student Council Elections

With the school year coming to an end, Student Council is gearing up for the 2024-2025 school year. There are multiple people running for different positions for their Class. Educated voting is important, even in high school. This article will help you learn more about your candidates before our upcoming elections.

Focusing on the student body candidates, Haylee Au, who’s running for Student Body President explains that she wants to run because she has, “…always loved being involved. I have been in many situations where there had been bad leadership, when people walk over others like it’s nothing. I want to be a better leader, and someone people can trust.” She also says that if she were to win, she would get the school closer together and have better school spirit.

Matteo Perez-Mitchell is running for Student Body Corresponding Secretary, saying, “I want to run for corresponding secretary because it will be a fun job that will still help me focus on my studies. I’d say I deserve this position because I help make sure fundraisers can happen.”

Another candidate, Carly Coolidge, is running for Student Body Vice President; she states, “If I were to win, my plans would be to do announcements and have good communication with the StuCo class. I would also like to help with more assemblies because they are a lot of fun.”

Many of the candidates seem very passionate about getting the position they want. You might see them walking around having people from their class signing a paper to help benefit them to winning their position. Best of luck making your decisions and remember to exercise your constitutional right to vote.