• Last Day of School for Students (5/23)
  • Graduation (5/22)
  • Honors Night (5/14)

Polls

What's the best part of summer?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Ready for What Comes Next: Madison Murrow

Senior, Madison Murrow,  enjoys her only-child life with her mom and dad, keeping herself busy with sports.  Although she has no future plans to play on a collegiate level, Madi takes advantage of participating in high school sports of all kinds.  Currently, Madi does volleyball and track, enjoying hanging out with her fellow athletes. She’s been a volleyball player since she was 11 as an outsider hitter and running track since she was nine as a sprinter, meaning she runs the 100, 200, and the 4×100. As a talented long jumper, Madi has competed in State multiple times. Madi also played basketball off and on from when she was 7, until her junior year of high school when she decided to quit and focus on track.

While sports take up a large portion of Madi’s time now, he’s not planning on playing any collegiate-level sports.  Many people supported Madi and got her to where she is now like her parents, her friends, and Sahuaro High School’s ex-athletic trainer and Sports Medicine teacher, Monica Ortiz. Monica was always there when Madi was having a hard time and helped her realize her interest in sports medicine and athletic training. That is one of the paths Madi is considering following when she gets to college next year, but she is still not sure what she wants to major in in college. 

The future path for Madi is still undecided.  She’d like to continue being active, but probably more like joining a recreational league for volleyball. Keeping volleyball on the side and honing her skills even after high school is important to her because volleyball is a huge part of her life. She also thinks competing in beach volleyball leagues as an adult would be a goal for the future and something that she would take pleasure in. Madi’s main goals right now are to make the most of the time she has left with her friends, keep her grades up, and have an exceptional rest of her track season

After high school, she will attend the University of Arizona and live on campus. High school is usually the time for kids to enjoy themselves and create new experiences and her time to do that is coming to an end. However, change is not always bad. “I do think it will be a little hard for me since I’ve lived in the same house my whole life but I think the change will be good for me.”  Madi is scared to go but she’s excited to meet new people and she’s ready to adjust to being more on her own. “What I’ll miss about Sahuaro is probably my friends and everything I got to experience with them, especially what I got exposure in, in track.” It will be tough when she does have to leave her friends since her closest friends are juniors, but she is very grateful because they made her senior year her favorite.