Simple and Weird Scholarships You Could Qualify For

Emma Walrath, Editor in Chief

As seniors start their search about scholarships for the next year, they discover how difficult it can be nailing down scholarships; therefore, what could be more helpful than a list of simple and weird scholarships?

Prom Guide’s Cutest Couple Contest: $1,000. Are you and your S.O. just the cuuuutest? If you are (according to Instagram votes on your prom pic) you might snag this award from Prom Guide magazine. #Cutest

Hiram College Hal Reichle Scholarship: Award varies. This scholarship is offered by the sweet and quirky Secret Society of Serendipitous Service to Hal, or SSSSH, dedicated to anonymous good deeds. It’s awarded to students who are dedicated to community service, just like its namesake.

Tall Clubs International Scholarship: $1,000. Serving the (financial) needs of “exceptionally tall people,” Tall Clubs International awards its scholarships to students who meet its minimum height requirements: 5′ 10″ (178 cm) for women and 6′ 2″ (188 cm) for men.

Stuck at Prom: From Duck Brand: Duck Brand products holds an annual contest to see who can make the best Prom outfit from Duck Tape. The first place “Dress” and “Tux” category winners each receive a $10,000 award, and there are eight runner-up prize packs worth $100 each.

Create-A-Greeting-Card Scholarship: Create-A-Greeting-Card Scholarship Contest is sponsored by Prudent Publishing Company, Inc. /The Gallery Collection. The online application must include an original work of art or photograph. The applicant with the winning entry will receive a cash scholarship of $10,000 plus a $1,000 prize for their school.

Getting Real About Distracted Driving Scholarship: This scholarship from Comedy Defensive Driving is open to students planning on or currently attending an accredited higher education institution. Applicants must create an advertisement (PSA, commercial, music, billboards, media, graphics, etc.) about the dangers of distracted driving. Winning advertisements will be selected based on quality, usability, effectiveness, creativity, helpfulness, and a bit of humor/irony.