Cougar College & Career News

Cougar College & Career News

Sean Haynes

COUGAR COLLEGE AND CAREER
Sahuaro High School College and Career Readiness Newsletter
VOL. 2, ISSUE 1 09.01.2022

Senior To-Do’s FAFSA Nights College/Career Spotlight

Seniors, you are officially in your last year of High School. Here are a few things you need to be doing as you move through this school
year.
1. Meet with your counselor to do your Graduation Check
2. Get your Senior Pictures done before October 29th. Contact Silhouette Photography for more info.
3. Get a FAFSA ID for you and a parent so that you will be ready to complete the FAFSA in October.
4. Plan to attend one of our FAFSA nights in October (see below)
5. Fill out your College Applications. If you need assistance make an appointment with Mr. Haynes.
6. Order your graduation announcements!
7. Keep pressing forward. Don’t let up now, you only have 9 months to go!

FAFSA Nights… Everyone could use a little help with paying for college. The Federal Government offers such help but you will need to apply for it. The Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) is an online application that
must be filled out every October for those planning to attend college. This application is used to determine your eligibility for the Pell Grant, Federal Student Loans, and some grant programs specific to each University. Even if you don’t think you will qualify for Federal Aid we still suggest you apply as many Universities require that you do before they will offer their scholarships. We will be offering FAFSA Nights at Sahuaro to assist you in completing your FAFSA on the following dates:

Monday October 3rd @ 6:00pm
Monday October 17th @ 6pm
To register for one of the FAFSA Nights please come by the Counseling Offices.

College/Career Spotlight
College Visits for September:
University of Arizona: September 20 during 2nd period
New Mexico State University: September 23 during 3rd period
NAU: September 27 during 3rd period
COLLEGE FAIR
On Thursday, September 29 there will be a College Fair in the Library during 5th and 6th period. More than 20 schools and various Military Branches will be on campus to answer your questions and to give you information on admission. To attend the College Fair you will need to sign up in the Counseling Office so that you can receive a pass to attend.
Seniors without a 6th period will be asked to attend during 6th.
CCRC Notes
If you’re not sure if you want to go to College or directly into the workforce after High School we can help. Our College and Career
team would love to meet with you and help you discover a plan for life after High School. Contact Mr. Haynes in the Counseling Office
Sahuaro High School College and Career Readiness Department
[email protected]
sahuarohs.tusd1.org
(520) 731-7317