Senior Spotlight: Megan Rasey

She’s a runner, she’s a track / cross country star!

Gianni Martinez, Associate Editor-in-Chief

Megan Rasey, senior at Sahuaro High School, is running her way out of high school and here’s her lovely interview…

Q: How long have you been in track?

A: I run the 1600 (mile) and been doing track for 4 years now! This year I ran the 1600, 800, 4 by 400 relay, and 400m dash!

Q: What events do you like most and least this year?

A: The event I liked the most is definitely the 1600(mile) and the event I don’t like so much but still do is the 400

Q: How has the team dynamic been this year?

A: The team definitely faced some challenges with COVID and all but we have overcome a lot. Running with masks on, limited practice time, and what not.

Q: What it harder or easier  – having meets or practice?

A: Definitely harder at the meets this year.  Although everyone was in the same boat, we didn’t feel as prepared.

Q: Why track? What motivated you to continue doing track?

A: I did track because I love cross country and continue to do so!

Q: Do you plan on doing track and field in college?

A: Yes! I earned a partial scholarship to run cross country and track at Pima Community College starting this August

Q: What are you plans after high school?

A: I would also love to travel and continue my business of silver roots, hopefully developing that into a full force holistic/natural health care line.

Q: Who was your coach, and did you like them?

A: My coaches: Handshoe, Lu, Slade, and Rutherford are the best!! They’ve trained me to be the best runner I can be.

Q: Since you were in StuCo all 4 years, was it hard to balance school and sports?

A: Being in Student Council for 4 years was some of my best time spent in high school. Sure I had to accommodate my time for my different extra curriculars but I love to stay busy, so I honestly didn’t mind the packed schedule!

Q: Explain in 3 words your experience here at Sahuaro !

A: If I had to describe my high school experience in 3 words I’d say it was : challenging yet rewarding.

Q: What will you miss most about high school?

A: What I will miss most is the feeling of being a kid, the friendships I’ve created.  Being an adult now comes with more responsibility I have ever encountered. I’m ready for my next steps in life, I will always miss high school!

Megan: “Live life to the fullest and don’t take any moment for granted cause you never know when a pandemic is gonna hit earth and ruin your senior year lol. Just savor every moment in high school it really goes by a flash!”