Making Change One Trick at a Time: Mrs. Stedman’s AVID Class

Marley Gandee, Reporter

Recently, Mrs. Stedman’s AVID class took a trip to JB Write Elementary School to perform a magic show for the kindergartners.

The goal for their class was to do community service, and they thought of doing something for the younger students here in Tucson. The preparation for their project started in early January. The six students broke up into two groups of three, so that they could go to more classes than just one, and the kids

could see multiple different tricks. They dressed up as “Where’s Waldo?” and performed just some simple magic tricks that blew the kids’ minds.

Izzabel Kamper, one of Mrs. Stedman’s senior students said, “The hardest part was trying to save yourself when our tricks would fail sometimes, but overall this was a great trip and I had a lot of fun.” Jasmine Ordonez, another student from Mrs. Stedman’s class said, “I was really nervous at first, but after the first time it was a piece of cake. The best part was when I saw their reactions to the magic. I was just really happy to see those kids and for them to be excited to see more.” The students had to work their hardest not to breakĀ character. The kids were just so cute and overjoyed to have them there.

Jasmine Ordonez also said, “It was just an amazing experience that I was just so excited to be a part of. Honestly, I was just so excited to see their happy faces, it felt really good to do something like this.” Obviously, the experience was well worth all of the nerves, because it was a very fulfilling one.