Best of Girls: 2022

Biggest Heart: Leah Cielo

1. What is the kindest thing you have done for someone? I went to all my best friend’s sports games because her parents couldn’t come support her.
  2. What makes you want to be kind? I always treat people kindly because you never know what other people could be going through.
  3. Other than you, who is the kindest person in your life? My mom

Best Musician: Marissa Bonilla

1. What instrument do you play? I play violin!
  2. Describe your goals with your music. To play really cool music and see where it takes me, and to make others happy.
  3. Which artists inspire you the most? My orchestra teacher Mr. Marrs, and my private teacher Ms. Strayer!

Most School Spirit: Alexya Amezcua

1. What do you love about Sahuaro High School? The diversity
  2. What was your favorite spirit day and why? I love them all to be honest 🙂

Most Changed Since Freshman Year: Jessa Morreli

1. What about you has changed the most since freshman year? My personality
  2. What would you say to freshman “you”? Focus on yourself  and don’t worry about pleasing others!
  3. What do you miss about freshman you? Nothing!

Most Likey to win a Tony/Oscar: Mei Dotzler

1. Which actor/actress do you admire most? Timothee Chalamet – He’s cute
  2. What is your favorite role that you’ve been casted as? Girl #2
  3. How did you first get involved in acting? I literally don’t act
  4. Do you get stage fright? How do you cope? An Oscar-winning actress doesn’t get stage fright

Most Likely to Become a Millionaire before 30: Ashley Tapia 

1. What would you do with a million dollars? I would travel the world.
  2. How do you think you’d become a millionaire? I think I would start a business that becomes successful.
  3. Who would you share your wealth with? My family and I would donate to charities.

Best Athlete: Maddie Eaton

1. What sports do you play? Volleyball and basketball
  2. What is your favorite sport to watch? Basketball
  3. Do you have an athletic role model and who? Diana Taurasi and Maya Moore

Dancer: Annika Eckert

1. Why do you like dancing? It allows me to express myself and it’s what I love doing
  2. How long have you been a dancer? Since I was three years old
  3. Favorite Style: Contemporary

Best Makeup Artist: Janae Brussard

1. What makeup artist do you look to for inspiration? CassieMUA, because I’ve watched her since I was like eleven.
  2. Why do you enjoy doing makeup? It’s like therapy, when I need to get stuff off of my mind, I always do makeup.
  3. Which products/brands do you use? The James Charles Pallette, mostly.

Worst Driver: Isabella Hodgers

1. Be honest, how many accidents have you been in? I haven’t been in any yet.
  2. Worst driving story: I went to go to make a right hand turn out of a parking lot and a car was coming right towards me full speed. I had to turn the opposite direction to not get hit.
  3. Why do you think you won this category? My friends think it’s funny to say I’m a bad driver.

Most Likely to Become POTUS: Maria Cooperstein 

1. Describe the main issue(s) your campaign would focus on: How Maylon Johnson should’ve won Next Gordon Ramsey.
  2. What would be your presidential slogan? I pledge allegiance to the bag
  3. If you had to choose a classmate to run with, who would you choose for VP? Sofie Oswalt

Best Instagram: Eden Kimbley

1. How often do you post and why? Once every 1-2 months
  2. What’s your favorite aspect of your page? My outfits
  3. What’s your favorite Insta trend/aesthetic? Earthy/green aesthetic

Most Likely to Get Away with Anything: Zakaya Ellison

1. What are you most proud of getting away with (that you can talk about)? Honestly, I’ve gotten away with everything, so I can’t just say one thing. Probably destroying things around the house.
  2. If you have kids, how will you make sure they don’t get away with the same things you have? Question everything
  3. Who gets blamed in your life for the things you get away with? Parents and my brother

Best Artist: Krystal Orehek

1. What mediums do you work with? I’ve painted with acrylic and I painted my room with house paint. I draw with a pencil.
  2. When did you realize you have an affinity for art? When I drew a sun in the corner of my paper with sunglasses in 3rd grade.
  3. How would you describe your favorite art styles? What I think is pretty on Pinterest.

Best Hair: Breyonna Bell

1. Where do you get your hair cut? I do my own hair.
  2. How long does it take you to do your hair? Depending on the hairstyle: Wigs – 1 hour and Braids/Twists/Locs – 8 hours to a day
  3. What products do you use for your hair? Got2b, Mielle, Cantu, and Caroline’s Daughter
  4. What is the most fun hairstyle you have ever done? Soft Locs <3

Worst Case of Senioritis: Kaylee Cole

1. Describe your dream ditch day – what would you do? My dream ditch day is to sleep till whenever I want and go to Mt. Lemmon to see the view. Then I would hang out with friends and pretend I didn’t miss school.
  2. How did your senioritis stress you out? I had no motivation so it was hard to do all my work well.
  3. Advice to next year’s seniors struggling with senioritis: Keep pushing. Your senior year matters a lot and you wanna be successful. College isn’t free!

Most Likely to be Asleep in Class: Destiny Torrez

1. Why are you tired all of the time? I like to stay up binge watching Orange is the New Black
  2. Where on campus is your favorite place to nap? American Gov and Chemistry
  3. What’s the funniest/silliest thing that has happened to you while you slept through class? It was quiet in class, and I had a dream I was falling and I jumped, and my head slammed against the desk.

Prettiest Eyes: Jenna Timms

1. Who did you inherit your eye color from? My mommy
  2. What could you see that would make you want to gouge your own eyes out? A textbook
  3. What do you like best about your eyes? That they aren’t brown

Best Tattoo: Emma Dyson 

1. Describe your tattoo: It is a woman holding her body with plants coming from her head.
  2. What was the inspiration for your tattoo? It was to promote body positivity and to represent loving yourself and the growth of the mind.
  3. Where did you go to get it and would you recommend them? I have a personalized artist who works from her house named Stephanie. I would 100% recommend her.

Couple Most Likely to Live Happily Ever After: Hope Emmet and Nathan Kruszewski

1. How long have you two been together? 2.5 years
  2. What are your tips for a healthy, long relationship? Hope: Always be honest with each other, even if it’s hard! Nathan: Find the best things in each other and embrace them.
  3. How did you guys get together? Hope: We started talking on a bus ride to a swim meet and the rest was history! Nathan: We were at a swim meet in Casa Grande.

Most Likely to go Viral on Tiktok: Gwen Bess 

1. How many views does your most viral Tiktok have? 7,148
  2. Describe your favorite Tiktok video that you’ve made? It’s a video with Hope Emmett, and we used the high school musical soundtrack, laying upside down with sunglasses on.

Most Likely to Come Back and Teach at Sahuaro: Alisa Quero

1. If you were to become a teacher, what grade + subject would you teach? None lol, I would never become a teacher
  2. Who is your favorite Sahuaro Teacher and why? My favorite teacher was Mr. Wharam, he was amazing and will forever be my favorite.

Best Laugh: Melany Ballesteros

1. How would you describe your laugh? Very loud and sounds like a whale.
  2. What makes you laugh loudest? Bad jokes or anything dumb, I literally laugh at anything, even if it’s not funny.
  3. What doesn’t make you laugh? Sad jokes

Most fashionable/trendiest: Paula Le   

1. What are your favorite stores to shop at? My favorite place to shop is my mom’s closet
  2. How long does it take you to get ready? Describe your process. On average, 10 minutes, and on a good day, 40 minutes. In order, I do my hygiene care, skin care, makeup, and last but not least, my outfit.
  3. What celebrity do you look to for fashion inspiration? Jennie Kim, Bella Hadid, and Lily-Rose Depp… does Pinterest count?
  4. What styles do you love/hate? I love anything grungy, but I also love something that is streetwear or sophisticated. I appreciate so many aspects of fashion that I don’t have a designated favorite, just anything timeless.

Next Gordan Ramsey: India Brumfield

1. What’s your favorite meal to cook? Garlic Parmesan Sliders
  2. What’s the most difficult thing you’ve cooked/baked? Eggs Benedict
  3. What do you hope to do with your mad cooking skills? Cook for my family and friends

Makes People Laugh the Most: Blessing Onya

1. Best clean joke on the spot: Where does the lizard go when his tail comes off? The retail store.
  2. Who is your favorite comedian and why? My favorite comedian is Tiffany Pollard from Flavor of Love. She is so real, it’s funny.
  3. Tell us the funniest thing that’s happened to you: Once me and my friend were in trouble and the teacher separated us during after school detention, and I thought it would be funny and fart and blame my friend. When I did, my friend wasn’t in the classroom so it was obvious it was me.