Activities Office New Face: Evie Quintana

Montana Poe, Sports Editor

Evie Quintana is the new office assistant for Activities & Athletics. Evie was born and raised in Tucson, Arizona, then left for Oceanside, California in 2017 before finally returning to Tucson for good.  Evie coached girls’ volleyball here at Sahuaro for JV-B, which helped her decide to work in the office to assist our athletic department. She says about her new position, “I love the welcoming environment and I liked that I was able to coach first and foremost.” She chose is enjoying her new position because it is a sports-related job and she loves that she gets to do that on a day-to-day basis.

Before Evie was a coach at Sahuaro she was an insurance agent for 6 1/2 years. She wanted something new with fun and happy energy around her. She specified that if she wasn’t working for Sahuaro, she would still like to work at a high school in any sport-related capacity. As an athletics assistant, she must help out with administrators, counselors, and the security of our school. Most of all she has all front office duties for athletics at Sahuaro. Evie also schedules the buses for different sports events.

Evie loves directing kids and helping them get better at volleyball. She played volleyball in high school, so she’s always loved the sport. About two years ago Evie start coaching a club team as well, outside of school, called Arizona Summit Volleyball. She has a great relationship with the kids that she coached at Sahuaro and Summit. For example, Sirena Flowers on her club team said, “I love Coach Evie as a coach, she taught me so much about volleyball.” Evie is going to be Sahuaro’s Volleyball Coach again this year and she’s very excited.