Sahuaro vs. Sabino

Giselle Enriquez, Editor-In-Chief

Sahuaro and Sabino. The riveting rivalry commenced Sahuaro’s Varsity Football team season. In a nail-biting match up, the Sabercats came out on top, with a final score of 45 to 31. Although Sabino took the win this time around, our beloved varsity boys did not go down without a fight.

The public was on pins and needles throughout the entirety of the game; as one team scored, the other tied right after, making it a neck-and-neck battle. It was constant action, making this game legendary for the history of the rivalry. “The thing about our guys, is that we have a lot of guys with diverse skill sets,” said Sahuaro Head Football Coach Scott Mckee in an interview with Fox 11. “We got good kids upfront, we just got to get more discipline.  We killed ourselves tonight with penalties and turnovers. Three turnovers in that fourth quarter just broke our back.”

It was in the fourth quarter where our Cougars fell short of a win. Coach Mckee commented that our downfall during the fourth quarter was simply new guys in new positions. “They were working real hard, and trying real hard. Maybe over-trying, and it’s my responsibility as the head coach to make sure that I put them in a position to be successful.”

With all the uneasiness throughout out the game, the Cougar cage did not fail to cheer on the boys and show their support towards the team. “We may have lost the game, but I think I speak for us all when I say I feel like we won the night! That was by far the most hyped game I’ve been to in my high school career,” said senior, Angel Cruz. “Thursday night was electric, exciting and devastating at the end. The cougar cage was amazing and thanks to everyone who was there to support us,” said senior Varsity football player, Kris McWilliams.

cougarcage

All in all, Sahuaro is so proud of our hard working boys. CPOD!