The 10 Things That Make Me Very Delighted

James Force, Sports Editor

• One of my favorite things to do, since I was a little kid, is to write. When I was 6 to 7 years old I would write multiple-page stories on paper for my mom. When I got older I would start to write chapter books on computers about really anything I found fun or interesting. Then when I got to high school I didn’t think there was anything I could do for writing until I was told about journalism. This year I joined The Paper Cut and it has made my love for writing increase and has been my favorite class so far.

• As a kid, I was always scared of driving because I thought it was difficult. Once I turned 14 years old I realized that driving is awesome and that it’s not that scary. Once I was old enough I aced my permit test and I started driving everywhere and anywhere I could. I was pretty good at it and I realized that it sounds fun, but it’s even better when you’re doing it.

• Jewelry has always been cool to me. I’ve always seen it as a way to kind of express myself and to have something that I find valuable. Jewelry is also something that a lot of rappers wear. Rap, being my favorite music genre, is very influential to me, so I also like to have something in common with my favorite rappers. In a lot of songs, my favorite rappers would rap about VVS which is a jewelry brand. After getting a job and finally having money I decided to buy VVS jewelry and I loved it.

• My love of Dr. Pepper has been a thing for years. I used to drink the soda that my parents would drink. Once they brought home Dr. Pepper though, I didn’t just drink it like a normal person. I became an addict to it and would sometimes sneak 6 or 7 cans a day because I loved it so much. This addiction has not slowed down at all and sometimes I will just jug two liters multiple times a day because the cans and bottles weren’t enough.

• Being on boats and just the lake, in general, is one of my favorite things to do. I love the water and I love swimming. One of my favorite things to do is tube because it’s an endurance test and I love just trying to hold on until I fall. I also like camping near the lake because I love waking up and being able to see the water in front of me.

• Recently Basketball has been my favorite sport. From playing Basketball in P.E. to playing NBA 2K, Basketball is my favorite sport right now. I love watching basketball and watching talk shows about basketball because I’m a stat nerd and the talk shows are a lot of statistics. I love having debates and arguments about it and just learning more and more about it is a lot of fun for me.

• My dog is my favorite thing that isn’t human. He is always sitting next to me or laying down with me. He is like me as a dog because he’s hyper and kind of dumb. He loves to try to cuddle with me and loves to run around playing. He try to attack my female dog who is bigger and could very easily throw him off of her. He’s just a goofball and he’s the best dog ever.

• Cars are a newfound love of mine. Ever since I got my car they’ve become a lot more interesting. I don’t know a lot about the ins and outs of cars but I just find cars very cool. I love mustangs and my dream car is a 1969 raven black GT Fastback. I love 350 and 370z and I would love to have one of those one day. My friends started getting me into cars and I started to play more video games with cars in them. It increased my love for them and I want to have a lot of them when I’m older.

• Christmas is the best time of the year by far. It’s the time of giving and everyone is in a good mood. I love buying people presents and seeing their faces when they open them. I also love opening presents and the excitement of not knowing what I’ll get. I love the lights people put up and if it wasn’t cold I would go to Winter Haven all the time during December.

• I love video games. When I was little I would play my 3Ds and my Wii all day. When I was about 7 years old my parents bought me an Xbox 360 and I became hooked. I started playing video games whenever I could and it hasn’t slowed down. I still play a lot of video games ranging from Madden to Modern Warfare to Cuphead. I play video games with my friends and make new friends because of playing video games.