PE Teacher Dan Click “Clicks” With His Students

Natalya Larez, Cougar Tales Editor

Daniel Click, born on November 20th, 1982, and raised in Tucson Arizona has been a beloved teacher at Sahuaro High School for the last 10 years. He originally taught at Magee Middle School for 4 years and plans on continuing his teaching career for at least the next 12 years. He has 2 siblings (1 brother Shawn, and 1 sister Jennifer), as well as 3 children, ages 8, 6, and 4. In his free time, he enjoys playing card games, video games, and watching/playing sports (including basketball, football, and occasionally hockey!)

He was originally a Sabino Sabercat in high school and graduated in the year 2000. Throughout high school, he always wanted to become a teacher, and educate future kids, so it only makes sense that he would go to college soon after graduation.  “Don’t go into debt unless you have to; even then, try your best to avoid it. Even if that means going to college at a slower pace, and paying for it yourself. It’ll help in the long run with debt and student loans.”

He attended the U of A but shortly after changed his major to City Planning, which he continued to pursue for a few years. However, when he found it hard to find a job, he went back to college and got his Masters’s Degree in teaching. Although he is primarily a P.E. teacher, he is also qualified to teach Math and Earth Science.

“Not everyone has to go to college. It’s okay if you don’t, as long as you’re doing something you enjoy.”

When asked about his favorite part of his job, he replied that every day is different. He has various lesson plans for each of his classes, and he’s never stuck doing one thing all day. His classes are always fun and interactive, easily making him one of the favorite teachers! Another part of it that he loves is that it’s not like a regular job. It has a beginning, middle, and end of every school year. He gets breaks between each section, winter break, summer break, and then the start of school.

Mr. Click is very outgoing and involved with his students.  He makes class fun – like for Badminton, he will go play with his students, change rules around, and have exciting tournaments!