• Last Day of School for Students (5/23)
  • Graduation (5/22)
  • Honors Night (5/14)

Polls

What's the best part of summer?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Sahuaro Soccer Striking Senior Stars

Sahuaro Soccer Striking Senior Stars

This past Friday night our Sahuaro girls’ soccer team went up against the Empire Ravens. Congratulations to the team for winning their twelfth game with a score of 5-1. Coming up on their last two games of the season, the team has brought in seven wins and five losses. This was a very special game for people on and off the field because the team was also celebrating their four seniors.

Analisa Ibarra

To introduce the seniors, let’s start with Analisa Ibarra, #2. Analisa is a stopper and has been on varsity soccer for two years. After high school, she plans to go into cosmetology. Her favorite memory from Sahuaro soccer is when they played a game where they stood in a circle and had to imitate the dance moves of the person next to them. Once you finish the other person’s dance, you add your own moves before Mr. Kruszewski, the coach, completes the dance.

Rayna Gonzalez

Next, we have defender and forward, Rayna Gonzalez, #12. Rayna has been playing soccer since she was seven and has been on varsity for three years. She plans to study criminal justice at the University of Arizona next year. One of her favorite soccer memories was from her sophomore year when the team went to Kingman and she got to stay at a hotel with her teammates.

Isabel Ordonez

Up next, Isabel Ordonez, #14, is a center midfielder/forward. Issa has been playing soccer since she was three and has been on varsity soccer for two and a half years. She plans to study veterinary sciences at the University of Arizona. Issa’s favorite memory is doing leap-frog workouts with her teammates.

Last but certainly not least, we have our girls’ soccer team captain Dameris Canto Parker, #11, center midfielder. Dameris has been playing since she was three and has been on varsity for all four years of going to Sahuaro. She plans to continue with soccer after high school while studying wellness and fitness at Pima Community College. Dameris’s favorite memory is from her sophomore year when the team was doing 5-V-2’s, and she said, “Why can’t the oldest go in the middle?” She was talking about the seniors, but Coach Kru thought she was talking about him, and said, “You think you’re so funny Dameris”. She is extremely grateful for her coach because of how much he believes in her and her abilities, even when she doesn’t believe in herself.

Dameris Canto Parker

Our girl’s soccer team may not have a lot of seniors, but that just makes these four girls even more special to the team and the people in the stands. They will be sorely missed by everyone, and hopefully, these four will go out with a win on their backs.

Don’t forget to show our girls some support in their upcoming games, January 31st versus Salpointe at home, and February 2nd at Walden Grove High School.