10 Things That Boosts My Serotonin

Concerts! Going to concerts brings me an overwhelming amount of serotonin and makes me feel like I am in a music video. I haven’t been to many concerts in my life, but so far my favorite concerts have all been by country artists. In this picture specifically, I was at one of the best venues of all time…BOOTS IN THE PARK! While here, I got to experience performances by Ryan Hurd, Dustin Lynch, Tim Mcgraw, and so many more. Every concert I have been to has become a core memory to me and for that reason, concerts are at the top of my list.

Lia Ghirardi, Editor-In-Chief

• Concerts! Going to concerts brings me an overwhelming amount of serotonin and makes me feel like I am in a music video. I haven’t been to many concerts in my life, but so far my favorite concerts have all been by country artists. In this picture specifically, I was at one of the best venues of all time…BOOTS IN THE PARK! While here, I got to experience performances by Ryan Hurd, Dustin Lynch, Tim Mcgraw, and so many more. Every concert I have been to has become a core memory to me and for that reason, concerts are at the top of my list.

• Charcuterie boards! I have made making charcuterie boards a personal trait of mine and I am not mad about it at all. My mom was the one who got me hooked on these things and I have officially become obsessed. I used to love snaking off of them, but now I enjoy making them and piecing it together. Charcuterie boards have a special place in my heart.

• My senior parking spot! Everyday I get to look at this masterpiece right before school. Not only does it look cute, but every time I see this big green spot before I park, I think about how much fun it was to paint with my friends on a hot Saturday afternoon. I am a country girl at heart, so I created a funny and original slogan from one of my favorite country songs Boot Scootin’ Boogie. I absolutely love how my parking spot turned out, but I love the memory of painting it more. Getting to see this masterpiece everyday gives me nothing but joy.

• Watching my mom take pictures of the sunset! My mom has such a great amount of love for taking pictures. Not only in general, but specifically of the sky. If it was ever around 5 o’clock and I couldn’t find her in the house, she was definitely outside taking a picture of the sky. This makes me happy because I love seeing my Momma happy! This also puts the biggest smile on my face because come on, it’s adorable. I love that taking pictures of the sky is something my mom and I both love and it is a way to spend time together.

• Pep Rallies! The amount of joy I feel at a school pep rally should be illegal. As a member of Student Council, school pep rallies are a big deal for us and take months of preperation. Fortunately, this year I have the privilege to run an assembly and I had so much fun. The whole day I was smiling and I am so glad that I get to be a part of more pep rallies.

• Sunsets! Watching the sun set and taking pictures of the sun set bring me a kind of happiness that I can’t explain. Not only do I feel happy in the moment, but I feel calm. I love that watching the sunset makes me feel relaxed because for me, it is hard to relax and take a breather with my busy schedule. I feel very much at peace when looking at a sunset. Especially a mesmerizing one.

• My room! My room, my space, and my comfort place. My room is one of my favorite places on Earth. When people ask what an obsession of mine is, my reply is my room. I take a lot of pride in how my room looks because of how hard I have worked to decorate it how I wanted. A lot of time, money, and effort has been put into this room and I am proud to say that I did it all by myself. My favorite parts of my room are my memory wall filled with pictures of family and friends, my crystal shelf holding all of my precious crystals, and of course my bed. My room is my space and it is a place that gives me the freedom to act how I want. If I am mad I can always go think in my room. If I am over the top thrilled about something, I can go be happy about it in my room.

• My job! When I tell you that I absolutely love my job I mean it. I work at a 50’s themed diner as a server and manager. I got this job my sophomore year and I have loved it since day 1. What makes me the happiest here are my coworkers and the regulars. The regulars that come in are the sweetest people, and I have had the privilege to form friendships from these people. Having this job brings a lot of stress to my life, but I wouldn’t trade my time here for the world.

• Driving! From the moment I stepped foot in a car, I knew I would spend a lot of time driving. I love going on a drive whenever I am sad, happy, thinking, or just simply bored. Going on drives is like a form of therapy for me and I am blessed tht I have a car to go on adventures. Going on drives with friends is one of the best feelings in the world.

• Exploring! I am a huge fan of the outdoors and getting the chance to find new spots every now and again is so exciting. This place specifically is what I call my thinking spot. It is a body of water that flows down from rocks out in the country side of town. I found this spot while on a drive one day and it immediately caught my eye. Each time I visit this place I explore a little further and further.